Join our team - Area Sales Manager (London)
Steeple Group has 5 trading subsidiaries, each of which imports and distributes products through their own warehouses.
Protocol is a leading UK supplier of contract furniture and is part of a larger privately-owned group of companies who have offices and distribution facilities across the UK and in Europe. We are based in Hutton, Brentwood and over 30 years we have developed a large selection of quality products to provide suitable options for all design schemes and venues including hotels, restaurants, stadiums, offices, cafes, bars, universities and golf clubs.
We value openness and integrity in everything we do and like to build relationships with customers and suppliers who trust us and can be trusted by us. Our values are:
This is a key role within the sales team working with the A&D community and will also involve building relationships with all other customer groups, developing and securing profitable business from existing clients and actively seeking new sales opportunities.
• Developing strong and sustainable business relationships with your customer base ensuring these relationships are managed with a high level of trust and integrity
• Establish credibility with customers, build trust through adding value by providing solutions that meet their needs
• Identify upselling and cross-selling opportunities at proposal stage and throughout the project lifecycle
• Seek new opportunities to sell into a broad range of clients eg. designers, architects, end users and facilities managers
• In depth knowledge of client briefs to enable Protocol to identify appropriate products that meet the client’s required specification and budget
• Ensure effective communication with the specifier at all times to enable us to retain the specification and convert it to a completed installation.
• Generate and deliver quotations and presentations to clients
• Maintain our CRM / Project tracking database with detailed project notes
• Achieve agreed revenue targets while maintaining the target margin
• Attend industry networking events, promoting a positive, professional a company image whilst developing new business relationships and opportunities
• Generate new business opportunities via social media networking, industry events and telephone sales calls to new and existing contacts
• Develop and maintain up-to-date sector knowledge, being aware of latest industry trends and thought leadership
The above is provided for guidance, is not contractual or an exhaustive list of all accountabilities that the role holder may have.
Need to have
- Good standards of Maths and English
Nice to have
- Marketing or Business Degree
- Interior Design Degree
- Professional qualification within a Sales or Marketing field
Need to have
- Proven track record in specification sales within the A&D industry
- Exceptional understanding of the specification design process with the ability to communicate at each of these levels
- A track record of developing new business opportunities and maintaining existing accounts
- Previous effective use of CRM and management of an opportunity pipeline
- Able to work from plans and drawings to provide accurate quotations
Nice to have
- Specification sales experience within the furniture or commercial interiors market
Experience in the interior design industry
Need to have
- Sound commercial acumen with an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to secure sales opportunities
- Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside colleagues to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to work under pressure with attention to detail
- Ability to build good business relationships based on trust and mutual respect
- Creative thinker able to think outside the box and think on their feet.
- Excellent Microsoft Office
To apply for this role, please send you CV to email@example.com.